Price reduced for quick sale!
This 53’ Classic Motor Yacht has just come on the market. This freshwater yacht, with a rich interior featuring oiled teak and Afrimosia joinery throughout, has been meticulously maintained by her owners, with new systems installed to only the highest standards. Her current owners have her professionally waxed each season. She is a perfect boat for either live-aboard (even in frigid northern climes) or luxurious cruising. Her three stateroom and three head accommodations, combined with a factory hard enclosure for the aft deck, provide top-drawer accommodations for owners and guests. From top to bottom she is in great condition and ready to help her next owners to realize their boating dreams.
Accessed by a wide-tread teak ladder the fly bridge provides a wonderful place for the captain and guests. Visibility is fantastic from the recently reupholstered helm chairs and the guest benches forward and abaft of the helm station. The full bimini affords shade to the entire deck. The radar arch folds to allow easy passage under 17’ fixed bridges (like those in downtown Chicago!). The davit crane allows easy launch and retrieval of the RIB tender.
The aft deck features a rare Hatteras hard enclosure, making this carpeted area available for enjoyment year-round. The current owner has completely refurbished this area, replacing the plexiglass windows and the paneling, adding insulation, updating the electrical, and adding a custom storage cabinet and electric piano cabinet, and updating the laminate on the wet bar. The ice maker was replaced in late 2019 and a storage drawer for bar tools added above it. The love seat has custom storage space below the seat. The space can be arranged for dining, gaming, or as a large conversation area.
Forward of the aft deck the salon offers comfortable seating and a 28” Samsung Smart TV on an articulating mount and Blue Ray in a custom installation in the helm seat, featuring a sound bar with Bluetooth subwoofer. The teak finish floating floor is both durable and beautiful and allows a new owner to choose area rugs that suit their taste. A stereo receiver located here powers speakers in the salon, galley, and the guest and master staterooms.
The lower helm station provides the captain with full instrumentation and 360 visibility. The Simrad multifunction display provides charts as well as forward-looking sonar. Original, state-of-the-art in 1981 radar provides great information gathered by the 6’ open array on the radar arch. AD and DC breaker panels along with AD distribution and remote generator controls flank the helm. Access to either walk-around deck is easy through the sliding doors adjacent to the helm, making docking and locking easy.
Forward of the pilothouse is the spacious foredeck accessed via sliding doors from either side of the pilothouse or via wing doors and walk-around deckt6y from the aft deck. Cushions on the built-in bench and on the two dunnage boxes provide seating for 10.
The galley and dinette are accessed from the helm area by descending a curved stair to starboard. The galley features full-sized stainless appliances, including a Miele dishwasher.
Forward of the galley is the bow cabin with high/low berths, hanging locker and drawer storage, a head, and a Frigidaire stacking washer and drier. The flooring matches that in the salon. The current owners have converted the shower to a closet. This conversion can be reversed easily.
Abaft the galley a companionway passes between the two engine rooms to the ample aft accommodation areas. To port is the twin berth guest stateroom which features custom-made mattresses, a generous hanging locker and drawer storage. To starboard is the guest head with shower and electric heat. Aft is the master suite with a centerline queen berth, ample drawer storage, makeup table, huge closet, and ensuite head with electric heat and the yacht’s third shower. Five ports flood this stateroom with light and offer great cross ventilation.
The mechanical systems on the yacht have been maintained and upgraded by all of her owners, offering performance, comfort, and reliability befitting this classic yacht.
This 53 is completely outfitted for year-round liveaboard, heated by an International Thermal Research diesel boiler (which also provides continuous hot water), with plumbing that will not freeze, a winter cover enclosure, and winter water access through the hull in the starboard engine room.
Significant improvements and upgrades have been made in the recent past:
New 12v batteries for Vacuflush system.
Aft deck – new paneling, insulation, and cavity ventilation installed, wiring updated with fourplex receptacles, custom storage cabinet and piano/powered speakers cabinet installed, New laminate on wet bar.
New batteries port 32v bank.
New epoxy barrier coat and black bottom paint. All extra through hulls removed and filled. Unneeded transducers removed and holes filled. Splash rails repaired as needed and painted. All running gear checked for alignment and propellers removed, trued, and reinstalled.
New Simrad transducers for depth sounder and forward-looking sonar, Sonar Hub, and 12” multi-function display installed.
New blower for bow cabin reverse cycle unit.
New custom tinted Plexiglas aft corner windows fabricated and installed.
New batteries starboard 32v bank.
New ITR Hurricane Combi II diesel boiler unit.
New tinted Plexiglas aft windows fabricated and installed.
Genset heat exchanger repaired, cleaned and painted.
New Newmar Pt-32-25w battery charger – 32v.
New Cruisair raw water pump and forward evaporator and blower unit in salon.
New 32v blower installed for port engine room.
New Charles 2000 30A, 3 bank, 12v battery charger.
New Amtrol/Welltrol 7.6 gallon water pressure tank.
New upholstery – flybridge helm and companion seats, forward dunnage box cushions.
New canvas – covers for flybridge helm, helm seat and companion seats, flybridge storage bench, forward dunnage box, spotlight, windlass.
New 10v duplex receptacle on foredeck.
32v motor for windlass rebuilt.
New Samsung TV and soundbar with Bluetooth subwoofer in salon.
New Walker Airsep air filters and regulator assemblies installed on both drive engines.
New OutBack VFX3232M 3200 Watt 32v vented marine inverter with Mate 2 remote monitor and control installed.
New Miele dishwasher.
New floating flooring in salon, companionway between engine rooms, and bow cabin and head.
New carpet on spiral stairs and aft accommodation areas.
New genset starter and fuel lines.
New Hurricane Combi II diesel boiler heat and hot water system installed with five heating zones and continuous hot water supply.
New winter water access standpipe installed in starboard engine room.
New plumbing to allow winter water connection and winterization of dock water hookups, along with whole-house water filter installed.
New mixer valve cartridges for master and guest showers.
New 32v blower installed for genset machinery space.
New Samsung TV and mount in Galley.
New coax cables throughout boat.
New Vacuflush heads and vacuum pumps installed in all three heads.
New Naiad stabilizer system installed.
New appliances and teak and holly sole in galley.
Engines rebuilt in place, including turbos
Furuno MG5232 Magnetron W/RU9099 Kit
LOA – 53’ 2”
LWL – 47’ 3”
Beam – 15’ 10”
Draft – 4’
Air Draft – 23’ with antennas down
Air Draft – 17’ with radar arch down
Fuel Tanks – 700 gallons in two tanks integrated into the keel
Waste Tanks – 165 gallons in two tanks – one for the master head and one for the guest heads
Water Tanks – 287 gallons in two tanks beneath master berth and centerline guest berth
- Twin Detroit 8V-71 TI drive engines, 435 hp each, enclosed cooling, both engines and all four turbos rebuilt in place in 2008, approx. 450 hours since MOH
- Onan 15 KW generator, approx. 3500 hours.
- Naiad active fin stabilizers – 24V powered by voltage converters
- CO2 auto fire suppression system for both engine rooms and generator space
- Hynautic hydraulic steering
- Glendinning throttle synchronization
- Four Cruisair reverse cycle AC/heat units
- International Thermal Research 40,000 BTU diesel boiler with 5 zone heating system and continual hot water production
- Oil change system for both drive engines and generator
- Dual 50amp/220v electrical service with shore power cord
- Newmar Pt-32-25w battery charger for two 32v battery banks of four 8v batteries each
- Charles 2000 30A, 3 bank, 12v battery charger charging 2ea 12v batteries for the Vacuflush systems and 2ea 12v batteries for the diesel boiler heating system
- Outback 3200w inverter served by starboard battery bank
- Dual isolation transformers
- 1,000 lb. electric dinghy davit
- 1998 (PTJ 12015E898) Nautica RIB-12 inflatable with a YAMAHA 25hp outboard
outboard motor. (Note: not the RIB pictured in the listing)
- Bow pulpit with plow anchor and foot and remote activated electric windlass
- Zodiac emergency life raft – deck-mounted on deck house
- Fresh water wash downs at bow pulpit and on the fly bridge
- Marquipt boarding stairs and ladder
- Swim platform with boarding ladder
- Folding electronics arch
- Full weather covers for all exterior seating, fly bridge helm, spotlight, and windlass
Electronics - pilothouse:
- Standard Horizon VHF with loudhailer
- Furuno FR-811D radar with 6’ open array
- Simrad 12” Evo 3 multifunction display
-Simrad Sonarhub and ST6001 Forward Scan sonar
- Raymarine C120 chartplotter/GPS with ST6001 autopilot and rudder angle indicator
- Northstar Europa GPS Navigator
- Naiad Multisea II Roll Stabilizer control panel
- Multiple engine alarm indicator panel
- Full gauges for drive engines
- Richie compass
- Controls for the 32V Rayline spotlight
- Controls for the Galley Maid 32V electric windlass
- Three windshield wipers with washers
- Clock with “8 bell” chimes
- Remote generator start/stop with Hz meter
- Trim tab controls
- Dual airhorn control
- Blower controls
Electronics – Fly Bridge
- Standard Horizon VHF
- Naiad Roll Stabilizer secondary panel
- Raymarine autopilot control with rudder angle indicator
- Full gauges for drive engines
- Richie compass
- Spotlight controls
- Windlass controls
- Trim tab controls
- Dual airhorn control
- Blower controls
- 2ea. 19’ VHF antennas
- Stainless appliances and sink
- Fisher/Paykel 115VAC refrigerator/freezer
- GE Monogram four burner electric stove
- GE Monogram oven
- GE Pro 220VAC microvave oven
- Meile dishwasher with silverware drawer at the top
- Cambria countertops
- Convertible dinette
- Samsung flat panel TV on articulating mount
- Teak and holly sole
Please contact us for a showing or additional information!
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.